
Elena is a Wolf
You're independent, strong-willed & often misunderstood. Very few people truly understand you. You're extremely attached to the significant few you love and respect. You often find yourself as a loner, but you eagerly seek the comfort of your pack mates.
- - -
From this NYTimes article: "Senator Barack Obama wrote about his absent father in “Dreams From My Father” and about quarreling with his wife in “The Audacity of Hope.”
John Edwards, the former senator from North Carolina, is the star of a long-running, heart-rending family drama: he lost a son in a car accident and has a wife with incurable cancer and he discusses all of it with seeming ease.
In contrast, Mrs. Clinton has meted out her inner life one teaspoon at a time: a suggestive line in an interview here, a hearty laugh there."
That last sentence is beautiful. Simply beautiful.
- - -
Anyhow, all the above was from the last few days; I was feeling halfhearted, kinda lukewarm (dangerous!), glum, in general. Things were different from winter break at Oak Glen. It's harder to hear God's voice when so many others are around me, saying this and that and who knows what. It's a struggle. And I felt the worst the day I didn't connect with God before school as I had regularly been doing since Monday. I guess I shut myself in and tried to internalize things, but that wasn't the best choice. Life works out best when you have a two-way dialogue with God. It just.. does.
Somewhat better now, I think. Optimistic. I know there's several matters I need to take care of and changes to make, but we're ready. Super-excited about going through this bunch of physics material this weekend. Honestly. I've lots to learn and review, to wrap my brain around. Need to soak in the concepts and truly grasp them. Yay and thanks to Jed for giving me the website. I've talked with Jeff about those lectures before, but I'd forgotten about them. Didn't long consider asking him and David how to learn physics when I remembered that the two picked things up quick as that *snaps*. Hah. Considering probing through the AP Calculus material on that website, too. =)
Actually, to be perfectly honest, part of what draws me to the MIT professor's physics lecture is the board the guy's using and the set-up of the room. It looks very similar to Princeton's lecture halls that we'd convene in every Sunday to share about our classes and their latest developments. Good times, good times. I'm reminded of the intellectual energy and passion that steadily diffused throughout the room, that which seeped into each and every one of us and awakened our minds and opened our souls. It takes a special kind of environment to do that, it really does.
Epidemiology love! Teacher John and Peter the Piper and rats and dead townsmen.
<3
1 comment:
Optimism is good ^^ sometimes i wish i could be more optimistic about what goes on in life but it's hard. You will succeed if you persevere, i have faith in you, 加油!!
Elena is a Wolf
Very few people truly understand you.
=> but the ones that do should feel like they are the luckiest people alive :)
x~
Post a Comment