One very important lesson learned from C.H. a few weeks ago -- I realized that it means a lot to know where you stand. To know what you may and may not do, to know what you may and may not say, and consequently, to know what you should and should not feel. It's all buried now.
I was out with the rest of RARE two Mondays ago, and seeing their smiles and sunny expressions, I was filled with a sudden, lasting yearning to take those memories and put them away, to keep them in a treasure box, locked up for our viewing whenever we choose to relive the past. Sadly, the most I can do is hold onto those mental snapshots and the precious few digital ones we have. Time, Time, You really do fly.
我幾天前看到了他。
真的沒有想象會在那裡看到他。
我感覺到像一個間諜。
我整個身體覺得更痛哦。
I realized that I enjoy first-person narratives and reflections because I like reading into people's thoughts. It's comforting knowing that other human beings experience a wide range of emotions upon stumbling into unexpected situations.
- - -
Okay, so all that above was written nine days ago. Hm.. since then..
Friendly faces are reassuring when it comes to making decisions based on principle and long and careful deliberation. Whew. I just need to remember to take things one step at a time, in all aspects of (college) life. People, academics, extracurriculars... worry-warts, go away! Don't come again any day! Hopefully the pre-college jitters will alleviate after I get on campus.
Back in 5th grade we had the Triumvirate, a group name that like many others, I coined. And now after 12th grade once in a while I think we may have a new trio, but whether or not and how much it cements remains to be seen. :)
Hm.. another thing to consider -- balance, between 1) the people who have already made their marks in my world and 2) the people who are going to take out their brushes and Sharpies starting this fall. I'm definitely afraid of drifting away from high school friends while we all go our separate ways (okay, Amy and Rica are somewhat of an exception) and meet and mingle with new people. Will it happen? Chances are.. yeah, with a few of us. :( But Rachel got me awesome froggy paper that I can use to write ya'll letters, and with Skype and Tokbox and insert another wonder of technology I think we'll manage just fine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment