Saturday, February 13, 2010

Time Capsules.

"Don't tell God how big your problems are, but tell your problems how big God is." A friend brought up this quote maybe a couple of weeks ago when we were bummed about.. I dunno, school? Haha, see, even the fact that I have little idea what specifics concerned us, and can only recall the context as probably regarding class choices, illustrates that as humans we are far too concerned with "little things." Matthew 6 is beautiful.. has the Lord not already taken care of all?

And if He has already offered all, shall we not run with the mentality that our work and lives here on earth are to praise Him, and to emulate the joy and peace we carry through a relationship with Him?

- - -

Yeah.. I was also thinking the other day.. do you ever write letters to people in your head? I do it every so often, I think. Sometimes I'll be hit with a particular idea/thought/observation/feeling, or struck by a connection of one to others prior, and the nature of the thought makes it so that I feel a sort of inner need to address it to someone. I want to give it to him/her (the whom being situation-dependent, of course). On the flip side, I don't always feel enough of an urging to share the contents with people in actuality, hah.

Mm.. why? I don't know.. it's not quite that I'm afraid to share my thoughts with people -- no, not generally, no, with the sort of sentiments that brim in these mental letters -- but that I'm not yet sure if it's yet the most prudent moment to do so? And keeping it within allows me to analyze them further, to pick them apart and test their validity, and perhaps realize ideas previously hidden? But yeah, until I sense a prodding of the spirit, I dunno.. it's okay. Situation, relational context, timing, openness of heart, spirit -- all those factors are out of my control, but wisdom and discretion can be honed. I hope that's what happens in these cases~



The birds caw and greet each other in a "V." Light and colors fade, and so continues the cycle of another day.

1 comment:

Susie said...

I sometimes do that tooo! ^^ lol. i like your posts...so insightful...