Saturday, September 18, 2010

Precious.

After penning the title of my last post, I found that the second phrase comes from J.R.R. Tolkien's "All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter."  I read the rest of the poem, and I find that I rather like it, especially the first two lines.

Here it is. Enjoy --

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

- - -

Know not we how precious art Thee...

lyrics from "Lord I give You me" ~

Lord I give you me
I give you my all
I hold nothing back
I'm answering Your call
Though I live or die
Your glory is my life
I give you everything

Lord, I give you me
Lord, I give you me

Lord I give You me
it may not look like much
I know I need change
I know I need Your touch
Take me as I am
place me in Your plan
That's where I want to be

Lord I give you me
Lord with every breath
I'll worship you in life
I'll worship You in death
I lay down my heart
It's all I have to give
As long as I may live

No comments: