Friday, December 24, 2010

To my four-chambered organ:

Heart, what dost thou desire?

credits to Ravi Vora

For better or for worse, I don't inherently value the visual arts as much as I do the aural (though I'd say the gap has shrunk in recent years). Thus, I find it difficult when I want to convey a visual image but don't know how to do it so others can experience it as well (i.e. I am no mean photographer, nor a graphic designer, nor a muralist nor any much-practiced visual artist of whatever sort). That was certainly the case with this post -- I was thinking meadows and golden fields of wheat/grains and potentially blue skies as well..

What do I do in such situations, you ask? Well, hello, and thank you, Flickr.

1 comment:

Irina said...

Beautiful picture!!! I often like to daydream of the same kind of fields...sometimes I randomly picture a water well in the middle of it and a forest nearby... I don't know why though? I guess too many fairytales for when I was younger.