Thoughts from reading/finals period:
I've realized that one reason I value artistic expression is that it shows some level of processing/reflection/thought. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how people can be without it, how they can not at least attempt to process the world. I guess this is a value judgment of sorts, but I am valuing what I can connect with, what I can understand; is that not what people generally do?
on acquired tastes -- now i can add green tea ice cream to the list. previous others: frozen yogurt, mushrooms, cheesecake, sushi (this one occurred after i found i naturally enjoyed its cousin kimbap).
I've found my grasp of Chinese becoming weaker and weaker, yet when times come about that I feel a need to pray, inevitably it is to our Father God in traditional Chinese. hm, I should get to watching a TW drama or two this summer. That'll fix the language problem. ;)
i wonder how much our portrayal of selves, and our expressions of selves, are self-created rather than reflective of what already exists within. e.g. w/ fashion, room decoration, and personally -- how i came to value the color red... even writing is at times a craft, is it not? there is a struggle to properly bring forth an ideal -- someone else's, if not your own.
On a more concrete note, "Light Up the Sky" has been my new song on repeat throughout finals period, ever since Nate posted a snippet of it on Facebook. It's been a while since i've had such a craving for such a song, esp. a Christian song. Meh. Just sayin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment