Wow, there have been thirty-two past vignettes of my life, snapshots into my mind, glimpses of my world. Heh. It's interesting how fast live goes by when you're busy living it. Like John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." That's so true.
Went CSF tree-watering after school, standing in the breezy weather and the soft sunshine. Chill. Fun just hanging out and listening to Jason Owyang's stories. I realized that I don't tell stories very often. But I listen.
I had a delightful, good, and rather refreshing talk about colleges and stuff with Ann Tan today. Through our conversation I realized that sometimes the most constraining limits placed upon us are those we impose on ourselves based on what we believe others think of us. But what really matters in the end is our expectations for ourselves based on our personal values, not our expectations for ourselves grown out of other people's surmisings. It dawned on me this afternoon, after I got home, that, everywhere people think I'll go or everything they think I'll become, sure it matters, but to what extent? What's more important is what I want of myself, the standards I hold myself to. I'd feel bad if I failed to live up to others' expectations, but that feeling would be secondary to my disapointment in myself.
It never fails to amaze me, the power of the Internet. And on a somewhat related tangent, which is actually my main point, it gladdens me, when, upon seeing a friend that I don't normally talk to very often in person but do over the Internet (due to scheduling conflicts or other social constraints), we converse well, and things feel.. friendly. : ) Whoo, talk about long sentences. Run away, run-ons!
I had dinner with God yesterday. We dined together. Or rather, I had my cup of noodles and He presented parts of His Word to me. It was calming.
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem.
Remember to keep a clear head in difficult times. -Horace
W h y ? B e c a u s e
Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes.
It is foolish to fear what you are unable to avoid. -Cicero
I suppose the immediate application of those two quotes for many of us would be AP tests. Haha. But no, it applies to other things too, many of which are non-academic. Take things in stride.
We live one day at a time, one day at a time.
Went CSF tree-watering after school, standing in the breezy weather and the soft sunshine. Chill. Fun just hanging out and listening to Jason Owyang's stories. I realized that I don't tell stories very often. But I listen.
I had a delightful, good, and rather refreshing talk about colleges and stuff with Ann Tan today. Through our conversation I realized that sometimes the most constraining limits placed upon us are those we impose on ourselves based on what we believe others think of us. But what really matters in the end is our expectations for ourselves based on our personal values, not our expectations for ourselves grown out of other people's surmisings. It dawned on me this afternoon, after I got home, that, everywhere people think I'll go or everything they think I'll become, sure it matters, but to what extent? What's more important is what I want of myself, the standards I hold myself to. I'd feel bad if I failed to live up to others' expectations, but that feeling would be secondary to my disapointment in myself.
It never fails to amaze me, the power of the Internet. And on a somewhat related tangent, which is actually my main point, it gladdens me, when, upon seeing a friend that I don't normally talk to very often in person but do over the Internet (due to scheduling conflicts or other social constraints), we converse well, and things feel.. friendly. : ) Whoo, talk about long sentences. Run away, run-ons!
I had dinner with God yesterday. We dined together. Or rather, I had my cup of noodles and He presented parts of His Word to me. It was calming.
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem.
Remember to keep a clear head in difficult times. -Horace
W h y ? B e c a u s e
Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes.
It is foolish to fear what you are unable to avoid. -Cicero
I suppose the immediate application of those two quotes for many of us would be AP tests. Haha. But no, it applies to other things too, many of which are non-academic. Take things in stride.
We live one day at a time, one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment