Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back to the Basics

"Sometimes I wonder if dreams are foreshadows of what is to happen, or instead mere reflections of our innermost desires" - I said this on Xanga back on 1/5/2005.

I'll also share a poem I wrote in '05. October, sometime. Posted it on the 29th, but don't remember when exactly it was written. I don't write poetry very often, and I've penned especially little since high school hit. I've got a few lines here and there, jotted down in the margins my journals. But.. not much.

- - -

"Sage Wind"

Where are you, friend?
Perhaps you are in hiding, or
Maybe in disguise, for
I have lost you
To the clutches of time

Can you hear me, friend?
Perk up your ears
My voice is clear
I hope for an answer
Though I call from a distance
I long for the sound of
Your voice.

Shall we meet again, friend?
Run, run far far away
Escape
From the land of the lost
Let us meet in the middle
Where we shall
Find and be found!

Dance with me, friend!
Let us dance
With the wind
Under sky-blue sky
Let us dance
To the wind
For our new-found joy

--EHC

- - -

It's different seeing it in plain text on a blank backgroun, rather than in my own handwriting on binder paper with a bunch of doodles, but it's okay. The image doesn't show up clearly on blogger anyway.

Regarding the actual substance, I find that I still like it. Even worse, it still fits. I thought I'd left them far behind, but words I indited three years ago follow me to this day.

As for the sentence, I'd say it similarly now - "Sometimes I wonder if dreams are foreshadows of what is to happen... or instead, simply reflections of our innermost desires."

1 comment:

Rinny said...

It's a very pretty and simple poem :) Shows how much you appreciate friendship and how much you love your friends.

"Sometimes I wonder if dreams are foreshadows of what is to happen... or instead, simply reflections of our innermost desires."

Personally, something that happened in a dream has become a reality but it was because it was one of my innermost desires....

I moved my last post but i wrote something to you there. I think the best place to post it is here:

"谢谢 Elena. Your kind words have touched me so much during the time i've known you. I love your optimism and i hope that one day, i can be as optimistic as you :) Maybe it's time to start believing again. Not for the wrong reasons, but for the right. :) I guess i never really told people why i stopped believing.... but one day, i may be forgiven, or so i hope. 希望他可以原谅我. 谢谢你的关心. x"