Thought this was cute. Paints a rather rosy picture of CNY, but hey, it's good marketing. And CNY's not a bad thing, so whatever.Some auspicious sayings, and my rough translations:
1. 新年快樂﹗xīn nián kuài lè - Happy New Year
2. 恭喜髮菜﹗gōng xǐ fā cái - Congratulations and be prosperous
3. 萬事如意﹗wàn shì rú yì - May all things go as you wish
4. 歲歲平安﹗suì suì píng'ān - May you have everlasting peace
5. 身體健康﹗shēn tǐ jiàn kāng - May you be healthy
6. 年年有餘﹗nián nián yǒu yú - May your house's portion overflow
7. 心想事成﹗xīn xiǎng shì chéng -May all your dreams come true
1. 新年快樂﹗xīn nián kuài lè - Happy New Year
2. 恭喜髮菜﹗gōng xǐ fā cái - Congratulations and be prosperous
3. 萬事如意﹗wàn shì rú yì - May all things go as you wish
4. 歲歲平安﹗suì suì píng'ān - May you have everlasting peace
5. 身體健康﹗shēn tǐ jiàn kāng - May you be healthy
6. 年年有餘﹗nián nián yǒu yú - May your house's portion overflow
7. 心想事成﹗xīn xiǎng shì chéng -May all your dreams come true
Carole and I were talking earlier today about going back to Asia (her to TW, me to SG&M'sia) to 過年 there. Lovely American schedule conflicts with it. : ( I wonder if we'll ever get the chance. Mm. Best not to dwell too much on such things, though. Enough is enough for now.
I've enjoyed this week so far. Really tired, but hey, CAHSEE schedule's pretty nice; it'd be good if school were always like this.
Looking like a fairly busy weekend ahead. AI interviews + orchfest tomorrow, an appointment on Friday, visiting Panda and GPG on Saturday, registry deal on Sunday.. Just think about it, so many people on this earth are constantly occupied by all this "stuff." How do they find time for themselves? Everyone needs some "alone time."
I know I've certainly been meandering lately, despite the several extra hours CAHSEE schedule's giving me. More time away from school doesn't necessarily mean more time for myself. It kinda does. I mean, don't feel so consistently pressed for time. That's definitely a good feeling. On the other hand, I could be more productive. Make use of the time for accruing knowledge and doing humanitarian stuff and conversing with God. I haven't done much work these past few days, haha.
To go off on another track, Alan said that JHU did a study where if you go out into nature and just immerse yourself in the environment for a decent amount of time (i.e. not like 5 minutes, so don't be a wisecracker and ask, "So six?"), you can improve your eyesight. Most of us city-dwellers strain our eyes looking at objects very near to us. Even something "far" away lies 20, 50 feet from us at most. Anyhow, I've been trying the whole "look at stuff really far away" deal when I'm walking home. Hope it helps, haha. I'll have to do it for real this summer!

And as Tigger says, "T.T.F.N. - Ta-ta for now!" : )

And as Tigger says, "T.T.F.N. - Ta-ta for now!" : )
1 comment:
ELENAA, is hiking a good idea? nature!!! ;) wanna go this summer with meee
Post a Comment