Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Suspended

View of HDB flats from MRT station

"dots & brushstrokes of grey and gray"

porcelain tile
dotted white depressions
gritty grout blue-grey
high-rise flats

damp grayness settling over chattering town
lime green leaves whose fingers grab at and tickle the air

coils of warm perfume engulf me
rays of sunshine curve upward from side to side
要跟你告白了。要跟你告別了。

--EHC

- - -

Won't be visiting [the first one] this summer. Grandma says not to risk it, swine flu and all. Interesting that I said "visiting" and not "going back."

Stopover halfway around the world, a few years ago --

Looking out from inside the Boh tea farm

Ocean by Langkawi? I think.

Hahaha, yes, this was for real.

There we go.

Got Hang Tuah's name, so must take!

Back to kopi tiam now.
Courtesy of Flickr's nahcnivek

The other, became more familiar with during reading period, har. Window view from 30 feet above ground. No photos here, though.

Home now. Fam, friends, reading, resting, relaxing. Learning left-hand options for worship/praise songs. Job-searching too. And we'll do "everything we've always wanted to do" this summer, says Rica.

"The clarity of water and the radiance of jade." I know I've switched the two phrases around, but it sounds better that way in English. I'll type the original when I learn it.

And a diversion,

Random hawker centre. I miss these.
courtesy of Reuters

Once in a while, I get cravings for Takopachi.

Isn't the logo cute?

Mm.. yummy goodness.
The above three photos courtesy of Flickr's DiLow333

1 comment:

Rinny said...

The octopus balls are so delicious if not bank breakingly expensive over here ='( Summer is upon us, even though I'm busy for the whole of it I still don't know where life is taking me, it's a rather weird feeling. Hope you are not as in limbo as I am.... take care x