I give everyone my absolute trust and the benefit of the doubt unless I discover reason not to.
I support my friends completely and with my utmost until I am given a reason not to.
I choose to delay because fulfillment would mean complete uncovering of the soul, complete baring of anything and everything inside that yearns for a breath of fresh air, that yearns to be set free. And I am afraid.
Beautiful quote from Kimsa's blog, I shall borrow - "A girl should love God so much that any guy who wants to get to know her has to get to know God first."-A.P. Amen, sista, amen.
The violin expresses itself beautifully. It speaks and it hums, purrs and laughs, groans and murmurs, it cries with delight, it weeps in sorrow, it pines and it longs and it sighs.* Respite from troubles and woes of the heart.
Music is truly the language of angels.
*Franck Violin Sonata. Movements 1 and 4.
~ ~ ~
' "But I like the inconveniences."
"We don't," said the Controller. "We prefer to do things comfortably."
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
"Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
"I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.'
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
I didn't think I'd like Brave New World. The first time I picked it up, in 7th grade, I was recoiled at the horrors described within the first two pages, and I declined to read the rest of it. This time, the first 10 pages or so really shocked me, and I really wanted to ask permission to abstain from reading it. But as I went on, it got better and better. And having reached the end and gone over many parts multiple times, I can truly say that it's now one of my favorite books, because of the themes it holds.
~ ~ ~
I first heard this song from Keith's iPod during closing one Saturday night. I usually don't remember popular songs, but this one was especially catchy, and one line caught me in particular. Actually, it was a word - "fly." Made me recall certain things. So I memorized that line and a few around it, and looked it up when I got home.
But yeah, now it's one of my favorites and I know it by heart.
..
Half-smile.
2 comments:
hi ying!
well ur blog seems to reflect u that u're having lots of problems in life...
well no matter what! tahan! sooner or later u'll get them all over & done with! =)
the you-tube song sounds abit weird leh~ coz to me, i got 2 things from the song.
one is the singer is a gay XD
secondly, the singer seems to saying out all my words.
anyway, cheer up!!! =D
-muackz-
i love u loads~!!!
i got mad when i first heard this song because it is a complete rip-off of ne-yo's so sick
Post a Comment