"The Road Not Taken"
by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- - -
I need reassurance. I need someone to tell me not to worry. I need, and really want, to trust in God's goodness and His love.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
- - -
"Surrender"
Of long and winding, lyric roads
And myriad paths to be explored
Of dreams and paths and causes like
Of these I dream, in them I pour
Some part of me - no! - all of me
that cries and screams and seeks the light
Yet shies away, with diffidence.
Of this I am ashamed.
How hard it is to make remain
My trust in self, my confidence
So if they do, the credit's due
To one and only Providence.
For He gives aide when others fail
And comforts me when down I fall
To Him submit I wind and sail
To Him give I my soul, my all.
No claims on self I make.
--EHC
- - -
"Trust in Him will all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."-- Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Bible study at Kimsa's tonight was good. Really enjoyed it, hope to attend more to come. Grateful for brothers and sisters in Christ.
- - -
And we end..
"Holy is the Lord" - Chris Tomlin
We stand and lift up our hands
For the joy of the Lord is our strength
We bow down and worship Him now
How great, how awesome is He
And together we sing
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
The earth is filled with His glory
We stand and lift up our hands
For the joy of the Lord is our strength
We bow down and worship Him now
How great, how awesome is He
And together we sing
Everyone sing
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
The earth is filled with His glory
It's rising up all around
It's the anthem of the Lord's renown
It's rising up all around
It's the anthem of the Lord's renown
And together we sing, everyone sing
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
The earth is filled with His glory
3 comments:
reassurence is what you will get in the end. =)
so smile. =D
muackz
i like frost
that philippians verse is my faveee! and those songs and poems are also faves! you're my favorite elena too!!!!!
<3
Post a Comment