"Struggle"
I see problems that I cannot fix,
tears I cannot wipe away,
stains too dark to scrub back clean,
wounds aggressors should for pay.
It's hard to trust, though know I should,
in He who does all for our good.
And struggle as I do through this,
I wonder what I current miss.
--EHC
- - -
"streetlamp"
in a strange way,
i'm glad to be on ground
instead of 1000 feet above
staring up at space
at darkness of the groves.
marigold light tumbling down
on asphalt path.
what is this?
contrast with cold-shouldered fluorescent white
of swimming pools, 5 past night.
stars in the heavens obstructed
cry out to He in the cosmos i do
glittering vulnerabilities
tower of pearl, steeple
renewing, refreshing, amazing.
to-and-fro, to-and-fro,
the accelerating engines of vehicles passing
make me wish the T were open at this hour
or the airport and runways and silver beams closer
in their yearning groans for things than self greater
--EHC
1 comment:
These are lovely Elena. Hope all is well at your end. <3
Post a Comment